Monday, April 18, 2011

Saratoga Target Update

Last Friday I posted about a less than pleasant trip to the new Saratoga Springs super Target (you can view my original post here).  I mentioned that I contacted their customer service department about the visit, and this was the response I received:

"Dear Kristin Podelnyk,

It sounds like you have some concerns about the team member you dealt with. We're sorry you didn't receive the type of service you've come to expect at our Saratoga Springs Target store.

The team member attitude and behavior you described isn't part of our guest service philosophy. We expect our team members to behave in a professional manner. From the experience you described, it sounds like we didn't meet your expectations. Hearing your comments is very important to us, and I’ve shared them with the Store Leadership team for further review. It's just one way we can keep working to provide you with the experience you've come to expect at Target.

While you're in the store, you can always visit the Guest Service Desk and ask to speak with the Guest Service Team Leader. They'll do their best to help you. In the meantime, we'll keep working to provide you with the service you deserve.

Thanks for helping us make Target even better.

Sincerely,

Daniel
Target Guest Relations"


I'd like to start by saying that they actually got back to me in less than 24 hours.  Because of Colin's visit this weekend, I wasn't able to post this when it came in.  I was thoroughly impressed by how quickly they responded, especially since they sent an automated email stating that they'll would get back to me in 48 business hours.  Not to mention, it was the weekend.  

The response seems pretty generic, and they didn't offer a way for me to respond back for a follow up (besides the standard 1-800 automated number for store information).  However, if the store really was notified, then what more can you want?

The only other gripe I have about the situation, is that the email made it sound like my expectations were to blame, not the behavior of their team member.  After working in guest relations this past summer, I know how important it is to protect your employee, while still making the customer feel like they are your number one priority.  It's a tough balance to maintain, and I'm probably just being too sensitive about it since this sort of thing used to be my job.  Overall, I'd say it was a fairly impressive response.

What do you think, was Target's response to my experience satisfactory?

No comments:

Post a Comment