Saturday, April 9, 2011

Freebies!

Who doesn't love getting things for free?  A few months ago I started following a blog called hip2save.  The blogger, Collin, posts deals of all sorts, but what initially caught my eye was all of the freebies you could supposedly get.  Of course, I was skeptical.  I started requesting some of the things she posted on her site, and before long I got into a fairly regular routine of expecting free things in the mail every other day or so.  It's sort of like Christmas each time you check the mail!

I recently went on a 10 day trip, and just have to share what I came home to!  I apologize about the picture quality, but I had to use my phone.  Here's a list of what you see:

1 beauty bag courtesy of Target filled with:
           1 packet of Fekkai Shea Butter Shampoo
           1 packet of Fekkai Shea Butter Conditioner
           1 sample of Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in hot pink
           1 travel size bottle of Pantene  Pro V Color Care shampoo
           1 travel size bottle of Nivea Express Hydration lotion
           1 stick of Neutrogena Natural lip balm
           1 book of over $25 in coupons for Target
1 packet of Oxy Clinical face wash
1 packet of Oxy Clinical clearing treatment
1 coupon for $1.50 off of ANY Oxy Clinical product (no size restriction)
1 box of Burt's Bees Acne Solutions Kit including:
           1 bottle of cleanser
           1 bottle of moisturizing lotion
           1 bottle of spot treatment
1 Staples rebate check for $11.98 used to buy two FREE reams of paper from staples
1 Bath and Body Works card for a FREE signature collection travel size item of my choice (no purchase necessary)
1 Victoria's Secret card good for a FREE pair of lace waist cotton hip huggers (no purchase necessary)
1 coupon for FREE Temptations by Jell-O 3 pack
1 coupon for $1.00 off a Temptations by Jell-O 3 pack
1 April issue of Family Circle (I got a years subscription FOR FREE with no strings attached)

So as you can see, it was quite a good haul!  It was exactly what I needed to see on our entry table after flying 6 hours and driving 3, only to find out that I'm locked out of my own house without a phone!  Something so ridiculous could only happen to me.

Even though packets and small bottles of product may seem useless, remember that if you're taking a flight, with new size restrictions for carry ons, these can really come in handy!  Also, the travel sized items like lotion are great for purses!

If you do decide to start following hip2save (and I highly suggest you do!), it's a good idea to make a new email to use when you sign up for freebies.  I haven't gotten any snail mail junk, but it does sometimes require you to sign up for product emails and that sort of thing.

Hopefully I'll be posting many more blogs filled with good deals and freebies!  And feel free to comment on good deals you've gotten, or websites you know about filled with deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment