Monday, July 25, 2011

What I Learned Today

Today, I learned two things:

1.  I strongly dislike tiling.
2.  I love shop vacs.

Needless to say, we tiled the area in front of the fireplace.  Throughout the whole process we broke one tile, realized at least two things we hadn't thought of before hand, and got super dirty.  It wasn't so bad, but tiling is definitely too stressful for me.  I think the thing that bugs me the most is that it's so precision heavy, and yet at some point you just have to give in and realize that not everything is going to be exactly perfect.  How frustrating.  Here's the transition of the fireplace to far.  I'll keep updating this post until we're finished with everything (grout, floors, moulding, etc.).





Loving shop vacs needs no explanation.  They get up dirt you didn't even know you had!

No comments:

Post a Comment