Saturday, July 2, 2011

Our morning with Rogan

So, I know I've been majorly neglecting the blog since we got here, but to say that we've been busy would be a massive understatement. Between receiving our household goods shipment and starting house projects (that require multiple trips to Home Depot a day), we've hardly had time to breathe.

Since I'm not really prepared for a full update post, I figured I'd share our morning with Rogan instead. I don't know if I've mentioned this yet, but our friends Heather, Jorge, and their son Rogan moved in the house directly across the street right as we moved into our house! Of course, on the day their moving truck was coming Rogan's daycare fell through, so he got to come visit us instead! Here's some pictures of how the morning went:

The first thing I did (after building a box fort in the driveway of corse), was put the boys right to work bringing in the trash cans.





Next, we decided to get to work on the front lawn, so Rogan and Colin got the rakes and shovels.












After lots of raking, it was time to load up the wheel barrel with all of the pine needles. Rogan liked his technique better than Colin's.












After lots of hard work, it was time to head inside. Turns out, Lao loves Rogan, and followed him around everywhere. Can you spot him?






Little did we know, the cat tower doubles as a jungle gym. Rogan and Lao had lots of fun playing on it together!
























After I told him the tower was rocking too much and Lao was getting too tired to play, he gave me the saddest face ever:





And finally, while trying to take a picture with our "sold" sign, Rogan just had to get in there too! Turns out this new house comes complete with an adorable two year old! :)








Location:Poulsbo, WA

1 comment:

  1. Heather (Rogans Mama)July 2, 2011 at 10:00 PM

    Awww there's my baby make his blog debut! I must say he does love to "work" but its more like playing to him so its a win win! I don't know what I would have done without you guys right across the street in a bind like that. He was so sad to leave his "school" and drive all the way back home after the day care cancelled on us but Im pretty sure all the fun he had with you guys made up for it and more! Im so glad he enjoyed himself and you guys got a kick out of him too! Lao's people/activity preferences confuse me :)

    ReplyDelete